The VL-SPX-4 expansion module provides four Analog Output channels at 12-bit resolution, 5 µs settling time, 10 mA per channel output current and 0 to +4.095V (1 mV per bit). Designed for extended (-40° to +85°C) temperature operation and meets MIL-STD-202G specifications for shock and vibration.
1.2” x 3.8” size is ideal for space-constrained applications.
Four channels of 12-bit analog output.
Ease of Use
Simple cable-based interface using SPI signaling.
See datasheet for more details
|Mechanical||Size: SPX standard: 30.5 x 96 mm (1.2 x 3.78")|
|Bus Interface||SPI/SPX. 3.3V signaling|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +85°C|
|Shock and Vibration||MIL-STD-202G|
|Analog I/O||Four channels of 12-bit analog output|
|Operating System Compatibility||Most x86 operating systems including Windows, Windows Embedded, Linux, VxWorks, and QNX.|
|Export Info||ECCN: 4A994.a|
|Export Info||Schedule B: 8471.60.7000|
See datasheet for full specifications
A member of VersaLogic’s family of SPX expansion modules, the VL-SPX-4 provides a new level of economy and convenience to expand the capabilities of embedded computing systems. Unlike typical larger expansion formats, the SPX format does not require a stacking connector or a position in the expansion stack. Utilizing a single 14-pin cable, SPX expansion modules can be freely mounted, up to two feet from an SPX-enabled baseboard. This is particularly useful in highly compact areas or high-noise environments common in industrial, automotive, and medical applications. The small (1.2” x 3.8”) SPX modules can also be attached to the baseboard using standoffs. Up to four SPX modules can be daisy-chained together to meet specifically targeted I/O requirements, resulting in substantial cost and space savings for developers.
Like all VersaLogic products, the VL-SPX-4 is designed to support rugged OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in to 10+ year availability, the VL-SPX-4 provides a durable expansion solution with an excellent cost of ownership. The VL-SPX-4 is manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards and is fully RoHS compliant. Customization is available, even in low OEM quantities.
- 12-bit resolution
- 5 µs settling time
- 10 mA per channel output current
- 0 to +4.095V (1 mV per bit)
VersaLogic products are designed for use by OEMs working in a variety of market applications: Aerospace, Defense, Energy, Industrial, Security, Medical, Military, Robotics, and Transportation. VersaLogic delivers extremely reliable standard and customized embedded computers backed with unsurpassed service and the highest availability in the market.
- Analog Out VL-SPX-4 Datasheet 02/15/13 PDF 775 KB DOWNLOAD
- Analog Out VL-SPX-4 Hardware Reference Manual 04/09/13 PDF 457 KB DOWNLOAD
Software Support Packages
Additional Reference Materials
- Component Info: Texas Instruments DAC7554 Digital-to-Analog Converter Datasheet 11/19/04 PDF 1.06 MB DOWNLOAD
- Part Number Description
- VL-CBR-0901 Pico-Clasp to two SPX cables, 9-pin. 9"
- VL-CBR-1401 SPX module cable assembly, supports 2 modules, 14-pin, 6"
- VL-CBR-1402 SPX module cable assembly, supports 4 modules, 14-pin, 12"
- VL-HDW-100 Standoff package, 4x screws, 4x standoffs, 15mm, English thread
- VL-HDW-101 Standoff package, 4x screws, 4x standoffs, 15mm, Metric thread
- VL-HDW-105 Standoff package, 0.6", Metric thread
- VL-HDW-106 Standoff package, 0.6", English thread